I have to say, Rock the Block has been consistently solid this summer, and they’re not stopping now. Grand Palace, Murfreesboro’s record store/record label/silkscreen printer is hosting this week’s Rock the Block, and the lineup is HUGE! MASSIVE! SO MANY BANDS WILL BE PLAYING!
Now that you get the general idea, here’s the lineup:
- Heartbeater – for fans of the Pixies
- Bows and Arrows – download their free EP here
- The Whole Fantastic World
- Gentlemen Divers
- Anchor Thieves
- Rhona Kelley – acoustic indie folk, my favorite genre
- Tristen – another folksy songstress. I dig it.
- Hammertorch – alt.country/rock. My other favorite genre.
- Hands Down Eugene – pop influences, country influences, rock influences. Really good music.
- The Avery Set – rock, country, folk mixture
- Henry Daggs – folk with a punk ethic. YES.
Damn! That’s a lotta rock!
This Rock the Block will take place at Exit/In, as always. It will be held Tuesday, August 10th and starts at 7pm.