Once again, it’s time for Art After Hours, where many art galleries in Nashville are open from 5-8pm and will be serving refreshments. It’s a lot of fun, you should check it out. Here are some of the highlights:
- The Cumberland Gallery in Green Hills will host a fundraiser for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee with a show entitled Food Feeds People. All artwork is food related and a portion of sales will be donated to Second Harvest. In addition Paulette Licitra, publisher and editor, will read from Alimentum -The Literature of Food – the only literary magazine dedicated to the literature of food. She and other writers will begin their readings at 6:30 p.m. Donations of non-perishable food items will be requested at the door
- Gallery One in the Belle Meade Galleria will be featuring works by over 25 gallery artists
- LeQuire Gallery near Sylvan Park showcases Alan LeQuire’s Cultural Heroes to honor Black History Month. This event includes the opportunity to view the initial construction of the 40″ wooden armature of LeQuire’s newest addition to the Cultural Heroes series
- Local Color on Broadway continues “Large Works,” featuring large scale pieces from gallery artists
- Zeitgeist in Hillsboro Village opens the 2010 schedule with a new works on paper show featuring artists Patrick DeGuira, John Folsom, Brady Haston, and Tim Hussey
- The Arts Company downtown previews “Jubilation: The Obama Inauguration,” a series of iconic photographs documenting last year’s inauguration, by Lou Outlaw (aka. Dr. Lucius Outlaw, Associate Provost at Vanderbilt), featuring a conversation with Dr. Outlaw at 6:00 p.m. about this historic occasion, accompanied by his photographs of Nashville’s Freedom Riders.
Other open galleries include Bennett Galleries, HA Gallery at Hanging Around, Hiram Van Gordon Memorial Gallery at Tennessee State University, The Parthenon, Richland Fine Art, among others