Once again, it’s time for Art After Hours! This Thursday art galleries in Nashville will be open from 5-10pm and will be serving refreshments so you can enjoy some cool art with other people. Here’s some more info for you:
- Zeitgeist in Hillsboro Village presents a works on paper show titled “Zeitgeist on Paper” featuring gallery artists
- Auld Alliance Gallery in Westgate Center, Hwy 100 features artist and art teacher Lori Putnam, who will present a brief talk on the value of original art, and the gallery will present a jewelry trunk show by Fox and Vixen and Co. The entertainment provided by musician and vocalist Kirstie Lane
- The Cumberland Gallery in Green Hills previews a new show entitled Young Turks, featuring the works by three Nashville talents, Dane Carder, Jeff Green, and Max Shuster. While these three young men hail from Nashville, they each have a unique and distinct vision. They will be present to discuss their work
- Gallery One in the Belle Meade Galleria continues “A River,” a special all-media exhibition aimed at raising awareness of our precious rivers in Tennessee. A portion of the proceeds from all sales will benefit the Harpeth River Watershed Association (HRWA), with an additional direct contribution made to HRWA by the gallery
- LeQuire Gallery near Sylvan Park will feature 91-year-old Beverly Plummer’s wood block prints and Jim Sherraden’s latest woodblocks from his “Cuban” series
- Local Color on Broadway presents “Large Works,” featuring large scale pieces from gallery artists
- The Arts Company downtown hosts a “Hot Night with the Classics – Hot Chocolate, Hot Cider, and Hot Art,” a post-holiday occasion to launch the 14th year of presenting art
Other galleries participating in Art After Hours include Bennett Galleries, HA Gallery at Hanging Around, Hiram Van Gordon Memorial Gallery at Tennessee State University, The Parthenon, Richland Fine Art, among others. Frist Center for the Visual Arts and the Parthenon at Centennial Park present exhibitions with a fee to non-members – Frist Center participates in Art After Hours with free music and lectures.
As usual, behind the cut you will find pictures from the galleries so you can see what you like and focus on hitting up those places.